SAC Sr. is a traveling summer camp. We go to many different locations and exciting destinations, but we do have places that we will visit more often. Below are some of the places that we go more frequently.
New Glarus – A small village southwest of Madison where we enjoy the use of their public facilities, including playgrounds, parks, and pool. Things we do at New Glarus include:
- Games: From Sharks & Minnows to Volcanoes & Craters, we will be playing a vast array of games in the park.
- Crafts: Crafts done at New Glarus will trend towards more detailed crafts, such as 3D names and flip books.
- Sports: New Glarus has an excellent field that we can use for wiffle ball, kickball, soccer, and many other sports, but they also have basketball courts and sand volleyball courts that we will be putting to good use!
- Pool: Located right next to the Village Park, the New Glarus pool has slides, diving boards, lifeguards, and all the water we need for a great afternoon.
Camp Carlson – A scout camp located near Sauk City that has cool, shady woods, winding trails, pavilions, riverside access, and clearings for all kinds of activities.
- Outdoor Skills: Learn fire building, orienteering, outdoor survival skills, and plant ID. Hear from an outdoorsman about past frontiersmen and how their skills relate to things today.
- Crafts: Camp Carlson crafts will be bigger and messier! Make bleach and tie-die shirts, catapults, kites, and more!
- Initiatives: Use logs, rope, water, and a variety of other odd ingredients to learn teamwork and communication skills.
- Archery: Learn the basics of this ancient skill and sport and then practice to see how far you can rank up in one summer! Earn pins as you get better to mark your level.
Princeton Club East – At Princeton Club East, we use their two full-sized basketball courts for indoor soccer, basketball, volleyball, floor hockey, and other sports, as well as a crazy array of games like dodgeball, kaos, widjiitiwin, basketball, and wallball.
Optional Field Trips – These trips are a step above and beyond our normal programming. Keep an eye out for Optional Field Trips during registration – from mini-golf to climbing gyms, laser tag to bookstores, we have choices!
Bethel Horizons – A traditional sleep-away camp located outside Dodgeville that we partner with to provide more extreme and challenging trips for SAC Sr., such as high ropes, climbing, and rappelling off a 60-foot cliff! All activities are supervised by Bethel Horizons’ own highly trained staff.
Service Day – Once a summer, SAC Sr. takes the day to help those less fortunate. We split up and volunteer at food shelters and community gardens.
Day at Kids Junction – Once or twice a summer, we head inside Kids Junction to build with Legos, play video games, and create imaginative crafts.
Optional Field Trips
We offer an alternative activity on many of the days that we visit frequent locations (see our Calendar). If you do not get the chance to sign up for an option trip or you do not wish to sign up, your child will still be able to participate in our regularly scheduled trip.
Remember the following about Option Trips:
- Limited Attendance: these options have limited attendance. Options will close when they are full, but also note that if we do not get enough students to sign up for an option, we will cancel it for that day.
- Additional Cost: These activities will have an additional cost above and beyond the base cost of Camp. The cost of the activity is listed along with the date below, and the cost of an option trip will be charged as part of registering for weeks of camp through RegPack.