Young Teen and Preteen SAC Sr.
SAC Sr. is a middle school camp for kids entering 5th – 8th grade. This traveling camp has an exciting format geared for young teens and preteens. It is a great opportunity for kids to make new friendships, build self-esteem, and develop character and leadership qualities, all while having lots of fun along the way. SAC Sr. doesn’t like to hold still or stay in one place! Every day, we meet at our big tent outside the Princeton Club West, load our bus, and head out on an adventure! Our program rotates to area locations each week for staff-led programming, such as crafts, sports, games, and going to challenging or thrilling field trips! There are two, three, four, and five day schedules available for your young teen and preteen middle school child. Sign up to join in the fun today!
A typical week for SAC Sr. looks like:
- Monday – Traveling to New Glarus Village Park and Pool for sports activities, crafts, and swimming
- Tuesday – All-day field trip excursions
- Wednesday – Traveling to our day camp site in Camp Carlson for team building, outdoor and survival skills, archery, advanced art projects, workshops, large group games, and trips to Culver’s
- Thursday – All-day field trips, with two or three Thursdays reserved for Kids Junction in Princeton Club West with field games and crafts
- Friday – Traveling to Princeton Club East for sports activities and swimming at an area pool in the afternoon
SAC Sr. Facilities
Camp drop off and pickup will be at the tent in the back of Princeton Club parking lot between 7:30 am – 8:30 am. At 8:30 am the bus will leave for the day’s destination. Two days of the week will be based in New Glarus and Camp Carlson. The village of New Glarus allows us to use their parks for sports, games and crafts and their pool in the afternoon. Camp Carlson is a local Scout Camp we have rented that will enable us to offer outdoor skills, such as fire building, archery, and many other fun camp activities while giving us access to restrooms and shelter. After Camp Carlson, we head to Culver’s for a late lunch in the A/C! On Fridays we will spend part of the day at the Princeton Club East where they give us access to their gymnasium, before we head for a pool in the afternoon.
Our trips include:
- Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park
- Woodside Ranch
- Noah’s Ark
- Brewers Game
- Milwaukee Zoo
- Fondy Aqua Park
- Bethel Horizons
- Madison Log Rolling
- and more!
Optional Field Trips
We offer an alternative activity on many of the days that we visit frequent locations (see our Calendar). If you do not get the chance to sign up for an option trip or you do not wish to sign up, your child will still be able to participate in our regularly scheduled trip.
Some option trips are art and learning based, such as Wheelhouse Studios, a Friday option, instead of the standard morning at Princeton Club East. Wheelhouse Studios is an art studio located downtown in the Memorial Union. They have professional studios, equipment, and bring in art teachers to help students create unique works of art.
Remember the following about Option Trips:
- Limited Attendance: these options have limited attendance. Options will close when they are full, but also note that if we do not get enough students to sign up for an option, we will cancel it for that day. For example, Wheelhouse Studios requires at least 5 students to run, and closes at 12 students.
- Additional Cost: These activities will have an additional cost above and beyond the base cost of Camp. The cost of the activity is listed along with the date below, and the cost of an option trip will be charged as part of registering for weeks of camp through RegPack.
SAC Sr. Counselors
Mr. Britton leads the SAC Sr. group along with experienced and energetic support staff. SAC Sr. counselors are role models for your child, encouraging them as they try new things and build new skills. As always we will have low teacher to student ratios and will bring in extra staff for the activities and field trips that require it.