Young Teen and Preteen SAC Sr.
SAC Sr. is a middle school camp for kids entering 5th – 8th grade. This traveling camp has an exciting format geared for young teens and preteens. It is a great opportunity for kids to make new friendships, build self-esteem, and develop character and leadership qualities, all while having lots of fun along the way. SAC Sr. doesn’t like to hold still or stay in one place! Every day, we meet at our big tent outside the Princeton Club West, load our bus, and head out on an adventure! Our program rotates through Camp Carlson and state parks each week for staff-led programming, such as outdoor education, crafts, sports, games. Twice a week we leave the area to explore other locations for more challenging or thrilling field trips. There are two, three, four, and five day schedules available for your young teen or preteen middle school child. Sign up to join in the fun today!
A Typical Week
Each day begins with the drop-off at Princeton Club West starting at 7:30am. The bus will leave for the days destination around 8:30am.
Sample Week at SAC Sr:
- Monday – Travel to State Parks for outdoor education, sports activities or crafts.
- Tuesday – All-day field trip excursion
- Wednesday – Travel to our day camp site in Camp Carlson for team building, outdoor and survival skills, archery, advanced art projects, workshops, large group games, and a trip to Culver’s.
- Thursday – All-day field trip excursion
- Friday – Travel to local parks followed by swimming at public pools.
At Camp Carlson, a local Scout Camp in Sauk City, we learn outdoor skills, such as fire building and archery, and do many other fun camp activities. The campers get the opportunity to explore nature at their own pace. From building forts, to hanging out in hammocks, campers have the freedom to choose the day’s activities of their choosing. Staff will have pre planned Outdoor Education activities, crafts and games for those campers who may need help getting the creative ideas flowing.