Young Teen and Preteen SAC Sr.
SAC Sr. is a middle school camp for kids entering 5th – 8th grade. This traveling camp has an exciting format geared for young teens and preteens. It is a great opportunity for kids to make new friendships, build self-esteem, and develop character and leadership qualities, all while having lots of fun along the way. SAC Sr. doesn’t like to hold still or stay in one place! Every day, we meet at our big tent outside the Princeton Club West, load our bus, and head out on an adventure! Our program rotates through area locations each week for staff-led programming, such as crafts, sports, games, and going to challenging or thrilling field trips! There are two, three, four, and five day schedules available for your young teen and preteen middle school child. Sign up to join in the fun today!
Each day begins with drop-off at Princeton Club West. At 8:30 am the bus will leave for the day’s destination. Mondays and Wednesdays are based in New Glarus and Camp Carlson. At New Glarus, we disembark at Village Park for sports, games and crafts followed by an afternoon swimming at the Village’s pool next door. At Camp Carlson, a local Scout Camp, we learn outdoor skills, such as fire building and archery, and do many other fun camp activities. On Fridays, we spend part of the day at the Princeton Club East gymnasium for more sports, games, and challenges, before we head for a local pool in the afternoon. Tuesdays and Thursdays are our big field trip days. Activities on these days vary, so be sure to check out our calendar of events!
A typical week for SAC Sr. looks like:
- Monday – Travel to New Glarus Village Park and Pool for sports activities, crafts, and swimming
- Tuesday – All-day field trip excursion
- Wednesday – Travel to our day camp site in Camp Carlson for team building, outdoor and survival skills, archery, advanced art projects, workshops, large group games, and a trip to Culver’s
- Thursday – All-day field trip excursion
- Friday – Travel to Princeton Club East for sports activities and swimming at an area pool in the afternoon